1951 : The County Architect was requested was requested to prepare a comprehensive scheme for the improvement of Educational and Residential facilities.
1953 : Miss MH Duncan resigned and Miss MPG Kerr was acting Principal from September 1953 to January 1955.
1954 : It was agreed that seperate residential accomodation should be provided for the Principal, and that a house with a garage should be built between the tennis courts and Lady Lane. A scheme for the installation of an internal telephone system was approved.
1955 : Miss EAM Maxwell, MA was appointed Principal from 1 Jan 55.
1956 : At the request of the Ministry of Education a one-year Supplementary Course in mathematics was arranged at the college (such courses continued to run until 1966).
1957 It was recommended that a new gymnasium should be included in the building programme. Day students were admitted to College and lodgings were obtained in the area for twenty additional students. Approval was given in principle to converting the old laundry into a pottery room.
1958 Miss Margaret Vine, laundry and sewing maid for forty years, retired. 89 Park Road was purchased to provide more hostel accomodation.
1959 Plans for extensions to the college including the provision of a domestic staff hostel, a kitchen and central dining room and a gymnasium as well as extensive alterations to the halls and the main block.